Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our Sweet Vacation! Part Three: San Diego, CA

Our vacation was AWESOME! It kind of apears on this blog backwards chronologically, so if you really want to know how things went, you should start with part one because San Diego is where we ended our vacation and again, it was awesome!

We met up with Anna and Shawn (my sister and brother inlaw) in Old Town. It is a fun place and there is an LDS church site because it was actually the "Mormons" (that's us :) who really helped get San Diego up and going. We ended the night with Mexican food at a really fun restaurant that had a greast atmosphere, but not so great food, and not very great service. But...we still had a GREAT time! We stayed on Coronado Island which is really close to everything and Corban, Liv, and I had a blast walking on the beach. We were in a really nice Navy Base Lodge where we walked out right onto the Navy's private beach from our room. We loved the hotel. Plus, staying on base is dirt cheep, that is definately a plus :)


Our first major activity in Sandiego was the zoo. Corban and I actually did this vacation when I was pregnant with Livie so we were like pros at the zoo. We went to see the giant pandas first because later in the day there is like a one hour line to see them. They were so cool though and it was nice to go first thing because they were up and about. We saw the mom and an older cub (about 2 years old) and a new baby that was born this year. The baby was so cute! you can see it in the background of this picture. Liv loved the zoo, she really likes birds and she loved the flamingos, you should hear her squack like a flamingo, it is kind of a funny and ugly sound, but it sounds just like a flamingo!



The next day was Sea World. We saw all the shows and I loved seeing Shamu. They have a new stadium and a different show and it is really cool. We also saw the dolphin show and the seals. We had a lot of fun at sea world. Corban and I rode the roller coaster and the rapids, and FYI when they say you will get wet on the rapids, it is no joke. We have done rapids a lot of times but I never got so wet and let me warn you EVERYONE gets wet! But, the highlight of Sea World for us is feeding the dolphins. Liv was good at feeding them, but she didn't want to touch them. Which is understandable because they do have a lot of little teeth in that cute mouth ;)


We ended our vacation with Wild Animal Park. I would have to say that Wild Animal Park is our favorite! We love all the walking and the hands on feeling you get with the animals. However, we were not "pros" at this park because so many changes had been made since last time we visited two years ago. We still had a great time though. We got to see the lion family all out and active. There is a mom, a dad and around six cubs. We also fed the loracetes. One of the birds climbed up on my shoulder while Olivia and I were feeding them and no joke, it bit my mole off. Yeah kind of embarisingly funny and it didn't hurt and I think I am ok (unless I die of some funky bird disease) but the video is really funny. I was actually nervous when it started climbing up my arm because I had a pet love bird growing up and I had to teach him not to bite at my moles...I know funny right? It didn't hurt too bad, but it wasn't painless either! I did bleed...OUCH! But then Corban was too busy getting the footage to help out right away. I tried to post the video, but it was too long. Just take my word for it though...the situation was hillarious.

We had a great vacation although we wish you could have been there :) Come out to Mississippi any time and we can show you around. We will miss you all! We love you and we pray for you always!

7 comments:

Minwimm said...

I love your hair. Its a great cut for you!

Charis said...

Katrine, you and your family are so fun and adorable. ANd your vacation looked like it was a blast...So heres the deal..you are coming to visit this summer. July or Aug...we'll pick a half way point and meet there!

Moey and Spence said...

your vaca sounds like so much fun. Disneyland is great with girls who are so into the princesses. Leini and Whit both loved it there.
We will miss you tons. Leini already is asking when you are coming back and you haven't even left yet. Well not until tomorrow.
We love you guys and we'll come visit when possible.

Shae said...

I found your blog through spencer and moey's...I hope that's okay! Your little girl is so adorable! I don't know if I've ever seen her or not! (At least not recently!) Anyway, looks like you had fun in Cali!
Shae

Minwimm said...

Did you run in SLC marathon? I want to hear if you did.

Brady Fam said...

Memories make trips perfect and you seem to have some good memories there, for sure! Just right! Thanks for posting all that info and the pics! I'm excited for the new home area pics.

Cheryl said...

I found you through Micki. Do you remember me? I remember you! Oh, and your sister just moved into my ward. Sawyer's a cutie! I have him in nursery.