Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Getting Through IFS (Initial Flight Screening)

For any of you who have been out of touch for a while, Corban is now a pilot with the US Air Force. He is at his first six week pilot training, and Olivia and I are going at it alone. Well, OK not totally alone. We are staying with my dad in southern Utah (my mom is in Israel right now with my two youngest sisters studying Hebrew) So my dad and I are keeping each other company, while poor Corban is going through the grueling stresses of IFS alone in Colorado. He really misses his two girls. And boy do we miss him! He is performing really well. His instructors are pleased, and he has performed exceptionally on all of his tests, he is brilliant if I do say so myself. He only has a few more flights to complete before he can come home! We are hoping he is able to come home before valentines day, but it doesn't matter because in our family there will be no valentines day until we have our daddy back! So if any of you feel up to making Corban a package or sending him some mail, call me for his address. I am sure he would really love it :) Some days are better than others, but I am really glad that I am not a single mom for real. Corban is a huge help and support to me even if I don't recognize it sometimes, it definitely helps to be deprived of it, I really miss him. He is such a great guy!

No comments: